Champagne Poached Oysters with Seaweed Foam & Malossol Caviar
- 6pcs Bluff Oyster
- 100ml Champagne
- 2 Cardamon pods
- Small quantity of dill
- 10g Wakame Powder
- 100ml Milk
- Salt to taste
- Mt Cook Alpine Salmon Malossol Caviar
- In a small pot bring the champagne to boil then put in the cardamom and dill.
- Lower the heat to simmer the champagne and reduce to half.
- Lightly poach the oysters in the champagne reduction for 30 seconds and place in oyster shell.
- In another pot, mix the wakame powder with milk. Bring the mixture to boil. Season and taste.
- Blend it with an immersion blender until foam forms.
- Spoon the foam into an oyster shell around the oyster.
- Garnish with Mt Cook Alpine Salmon Malossol Caviar.
Recipe with thanks to Chef Daniel from the One Restaurant, Christchurch